Maintains hotel rooms by cleaning, dusting, vacuuming, and polishing; providing linen services.
- Maintains cleaning schedule priorities by following room assignment list; servicing rooms requesting early cleaning first.
- Announces presence by knocking on room doors; returning at a later time to occupied rooms.
- Makes bed by removing and replacing sheets and pillow cases, checking blankets and bedspreads for soiling; replacing soiled items.
- Removes miscellaneous debris by removing trash, newspapers, room service trays, and mini-bar selections.
- Refreshes bath area by cleaning tub, toilet, and sinks; removing used towels and bathmats; replacing bath linens.
- Replenishes room supplies by restocking toiletries and stationery supplies.
- Cleans floors by washing and vacuuming floors.
- Maintains furnishings by dusting and polishing furniture; cleaning and polishing glass surfaces.
- Conserves energy by closing shades and draperies; turning down air conditioning and heat of unoccupied rooms.
- Maintains room availability by notifying supervisor of room readiness.
- Keeps supplies ready by restocking housekeeping cart at end of shift.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with security regulations.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Enhances housekeeping and hotel reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Key skill Required
- Maintenance Technician